How your donations help
Every dollar you donate to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead goes towards helping save and improve the lives of those most vulnerable – our sick children.
With its specialist care and ground-breaking research into childhood illnesses, the Hospital, which was established more than 130 years ago, has 3,000 staff working in 150 departments and 70,000 children to care for each year.
Your donations will help:
- Provide life-saving care to thousands of sick children every year
- Fund ground-breaking research into the causes and cures of childhood illnesses.
- Employ the best specialist staff
- Establish vital support services for families in their greatest time of need
- Buy state-of-the-art medical equipment and technology
- Ensure we continue our reputation for being one of the leading children’s hospitals in the world
However big or small, your donation could potentially be life-saving. So you can help make a difference.
- $12 could buy a book or a toy for a child who has a life threatening condition
- $19.55 could pay for a child with a severe speech impediment or cleft palate to have a speech therapy session
- $33.68 could pay for a child to benefit from play therapy for one hour
- $42 could pay for a family whose child is critically ill to have one night’s accommodation
- $115.11 could pay for three children to see the specialist in their field
- $1,000 could buy a wheelchair for a child with an injury
- $1,750 could allow us to translate one of our fact sheets into a community language
- $89,995 could pay a Senior Researcher’s salary for one year allowing them to conduct research into life saving treatments
The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, and especially our sick children and their families, greatly appreciate your donation.